Ascend Learning, Inc.
Senior Certification Specialist (Agriculture)
Ascend Learning; LLC (www.ascendlearning.com) is a leading provider of technology-based educational, curriculum and assessment solutions for high-growth careers in a range of industries, including healthcare, fitness and wellness, and insurance and financial services. We provide outcomes-based solutions aimed at helping people enter, sustain and succeed in their chosen fields. Ascend employs more than 1,200 employees, with headquarters in Burlington, Mass., and offices in Kansas City metro, Phoenix metro, Minneapolis-St. Paul, Walnut Creek, California, Ann Arbor, Michigan, New York, and the U.K.
Since 1989, National Healthcareer Association (NHA) has been partnering with allied health education programs, organizations and employers across the nation to award more than 500,000 allied health certifications. We offer eight nationally accredited exams, certification preparation and study materials; industry- leading outcomes-based data analytics, as well as ongoing professional development and continuing education for our certification holders.
We are seeking a sales representative to join our K12 team, reporting to the Director of Sales for the Career and Technical Education Division (CTE). Our Career and Technical Education team targets secondary health science programs. This individual will be working with decision makers in the K12 market including instructors, administrators, and state departments of education. The primary responsibility of this sales professional is to drive revenue by understanding customers' business needs and recommend solutions to a designated client base.
Education and Experience:
• Professionally aligns with our company culture. For more information, please visit http://www.ascendlearning.com/about/culture/
• A minimum of 1-3 years of recent sales experience in education or healthcare sales with a proven track record of success. This includes but is not limited to: proactively identifying opportunities, creating a strategic sales plan, effectively prioritizing time, and executing on the sales strategy to drive results and consistently achieve quarterly and annual performance goals.
• A Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Business, Education, Marketing or a related field.
• Ability to travel to client locations, corporate training, trade-shows and national sales meetings. Travel is approximately 20-25%
• Basic knowledge using CRM (Microsoft Dynamics is a plus!) and social medical as well as proficiency utilizing Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Skills and Abilities:
• Manage a strategic territory plan and individual account tactics to effectively penetrate and identify business needs with senior executive decision makers to exceed sales quota by creating and communicating the value of certification with prospects and clients.
• Identifies market potential by qualifying accounts.
• Initiates sales process by scheduling appointments; making initial presentation; understanding account requirements.
• Closes sales by building rapport with potential account; explaining product and service capabilities; overcoming objections; preparing contracts.
• Expands sales in existing accounts by introducing new products and services; developing new applications.
• Contributes information to market strategy by monitoring competitive products and reactions from accounts.
• Recommends new products and services by evaluating current product results; identifying needs to be filled.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
• Demonstrated proficiency in presenting to small and large group audiences either in-person, via conference call, and/or in web enabled environments using PowerPoint and other technologies. Proficiency is defined as being a clear, concise, error-free, yet persuasive through strong spoken and written communications.
• Ability to successfully collaborate and communicate with team members to ensure strong, positive, and profitable client relations by way of continual support throughout and beyond the sales process.
Ascend Learning, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (M/F/Vets/Disabled). No agency or search firm submissions will be accepted. Applications for U.S. based positions with Ascend Learning, LLC must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.