The Manitowoc Company Inc
Sr Controls Engineer (Architecture)
As a Sr. Controls Engineer you will independently carry out moderately complex projects from start to finish. You must be a fully competent controls engineer in all conventional aspects of assigned area. You will be responsible to plan, direct, coordinate and control the engineering effort directly related to the assigned area of responsibility or special assignment and assist the Department Manager in coordinating and controlling group activities as required. This position reports to the Sr. Manager of Engineering and is located in Shady Grove, Pennsylvania.
If you're up to the challenge, the reward is satisfaction . . . and knowing you helped build something real. Join our passionate team and help build something you can be proud of – a future filled with passion, pride and satisfaction.
Essential Job Functions:
· Specify and develop software that will be used in an embedded system or to support an embedded system. Modify or implement development tools installations. Support the software tool chain issues or releases.
· Attend team meeting as assigned on specific development or standardization tasks.
· Help generate and/or review test procedure to validate software functionality
· Generate proposals for new tools or how to improve the software development process
Job Requirements/Working Conditions:
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 3 years' experience in controls engineering required.
· Efficiency in C, C++ required.
· Experience using Debuggers and simulators for software development on test benches.
· Strong knowledge of electrical and hydraulic system required. Must be able to read and understand hydraulic and electrical schematics to a level to implement control software.
· Understanding the impact of propagation delays in closed loop controllers.
· Must be familiar with PWM signals that are used for closed loop current regulation.
· Must have ability to select and implement a software filter based on an input signal's characteristics.
· Completion of courses in digital control and adaptive control theory is a plus.
· Good communication skills required, including the ability to interface with other cultures. Must work independently, a strong work ethic and proven track record of project execution are required. May need to supervise the work of contract resources.
Must be able to communicate well with other engineering disciplines as well as other functions both internally and external to the company.