USG Interiors, LLC
Electrician (PLC/IT Technician) - Greenville (Engineering)
USG is an industry-leading manufacturer of building products and innovative solutions. For more than 115 years, Chicago-based USG has developed award-winning wall, ceiling, flooring, sheathing and roofing products that enable customers to build the outstanding spaces where people live, work and play. With almost 7,000 employees across North America and operations around the world, we are steadfastly committed to our core values: safety, innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity and efficiency.
Our employees are the backbone that supports our organization. That's why we hire people for careers, not jobs. We offer benefits on Day 1, including medical and dental, paid sick days, and paid vacation and holidays. Plus, providing competitive pay and separate investment and retirement plans help secure our employees' futures. Each year, we have hundreds of employees who celebrate milestone anniversaries with us – find out how you can join our team and build your career with USG: http://www.usg.com/content/usgcom/en/about-usg/careers.html.
• Understand digital drive systems, PLC, and Process Controllers, sensors, actuators, power supplies, and wiring devices
• Skills to troubleshoot equipment issues as related to the controls/programming aspects of the equipment
• Provide assistance within identified projects to assess and document the current control environment
• Provide assistance to manufacturing staff to support control and automation modifications and/or improvements to help reach attainment goals on new or existing production lines
• Responsible for the documentation, implementation, startup and ongoing technical support of Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) and Human Machine Interface (HMI) programming in an industrial automation environment
• Position is responsible for the selection, recommendation, installation, and training of new process control technologies; and the investigation of new developments in the field for possible implementation
• Design & prepare specifications, calculations, single line diagram definition
• Responsible to conduct yourself in a manner consistent with company values, code of conduct, policies and other standards
• Working knowledge with the engineering, programming, and implementation of industrial control systems
• Must demonstrate a working knowledge of control systems components, ladder logic programming, HMI programming and their applications
• Display a working knowledge of instrumentation and controls design as well as PLC/HMI preferred experience (AllenBradely, Workshop, Ti-Soft, RSLogix (500 & 5,000), and WonderWare)
• Computer experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and AutoCAD
• Candidate needs to demonstrate strong verbal and written communication and decision-making skills, with the ability to work in a diverse workforce environment.