The Manitowoc Company Inc
Tactical Buyer (Government)
As a Tactical Buyer you will be responsible for communicating and managing the timely arrival of purchased material with supplier base, working with supply base and internal departments to ensure proper inventory levels are achieved to support 100% OTIF. You will coordinate the return of defective material with suppliers. Depending on the supplier base and commodities assigned, each agent can be responsible for purchases of $10 to 20 million dollars. This position reports to the Materials Manager and is located in Shady Grove, Pa.
If you're up to the challenge, the reward is satisfaction . . . and knowing you helped build something real. Join our passionate team and help build something you can be proud of – a future filled with passion, pride and satisfaction.
· Place purchase orders.
· Proactively identify supply risks using MRP output, shortage report, past due & remaining, etc.
· Coordinate implementation of pull, VMI and PFEP procurement program with suppliers. Educate suppliers on these programs.
· Coordinate the charge back of labor incurred by replacing defective material to suppliers.
· Review with accounts payable and materials for resolution on receiving and invoice discrepancy reconciliation.
· Maintain accurate supplier data such as lead times, order intervals and MOQ's.
· Other duties as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
· Associate degree with experience in Inventory Management, Materials, Purchasing preferred. High school education with a minimum of 4 years in same experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
· Experience from a manufacturing background preferred.
· APICS training or certification preferred.
· Must be experienced in Microsoft Office products including Word, Access, Excel and Outlook; Lotus Notes and Skype
· Experience in an ERP system (Baan) a strong plus.
· Purchasing, MRP planning & Inventory; EPMX quote system
· Must be able to communicate in a professional manner, with both internal and external audiences.
· Must have strong negotiation and persuasion skills and be able to use logic and reasoning to identify and solve problems.Strong time management skills with a sense of urgency.