Data Path Software Engineer (Engineering)
This role has been designated as ‘Edge', which means you will primarily work outside of an HPE office.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise advances the way people live and work. We bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world.
Aruba is redefining the "Intelligent Edge" Aruba is creating new customer experiences by building intelligent spaces and digital workspaces - leading next-generation network access solutions for the mobile enterprise. We are focused on campus, branch, mobility, and the IoT to transform businesses with the combined power of computing, context, control, and secure connectivity. We help some of the largest and most exciting companies globally to modernize their networks to meet the demands of a digital future.
We are looking for a Datapath Software Engineer for Silver Peak System's data networking family of products. You will develop real-time software features using the C language in a Linux environment.
Sounds like you? Then we have the right opportunity for you!
How You'll Make Your Mark:
• Bring fresh ideas to solve some of the most challenging problems
• Design, develop, document and maintain performance critical data path features multiple areas including
IP packet processing, flow management, Security, Firewall, Segmentation,
VPN tunnel, QoS, Traffic control and shaping, TCP acceleration
• Develop unit and system performance test cases
• Work with extended engineering and support teams to trouble-shoot customer issues
• B.S in CS, EE or related area
• Minimum four years work experience
• Excellent coding skills in C/C++ or Java
• Solid understanding of algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis
• Knowledge of network protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Passionate about technologies and innovations
• Tremendous self-drive
• M.S or Ph.D in CS, EE or related area
• Experience with Linux/Unix or other embedded programming
• Experience with multi processor multi core programming
• Solid knowledge of network theory and protocols such as IPSec, VPN, NAT, Firewall, Segmentation
Join us and make your mark!
What we can offer you:
Extensive benefits, a competitive salary and participation in the shared values and purpose that make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers! At HPE, our goal is to provide equal opportunities, flexible work-life balance, and constantly evolving career growth.
If you are looking for challenges in an exciting, supportive and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Continue the conversation by clicking apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers.
Then let's stay connected!
Find out more about us and follow us on:
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
#Aruba #ArubaUS #Diversity
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.