Royal Credit Union
Community Engagement Intern (Creative Design)
$14.45 - $16.00
(Candidates with significant related experience may be higher)
The Community Engagement Intern will assist the Program Director of Community Relations and other Community Engagement team members with the planning and execution of a wide variety of events and other Community Engagement activities. This intern will be responsible for coordinating Royal's participation in community events and will assist in the creation of press releases, blogs, and social media content.Work Schedule:
• Working approximately 15-25 hours per week during the school year and up to 35-40 hours per week during the summer.
• Must be able to work onsite at Royal Credit Union Corporate Center in Eau Claire, WI throughout the school year and during breaks.
• This is a limited term, non-benefit eligible, position that will start April 2023 and go through May 2024. If selected for the internship, you must be able to commit to the full 13 months.
• Enrolled at a University or Technical College throughout the length of the internship, pursuing a degree in Public Relations, Marketing or similar field.
• Establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives under minimal supervision
• Travel is required for 50-75% of the time during regular hours and outside of scheduled hours
• Valid Driver's License and maintain it
• Must have a strong sense of customer service
• An understanding of basic concepts and techniques in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and Teams
• Ability to work efficiently under conditions of multiple deadlines and changing priorities
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Enjoy extensive public contact and be outgoing and friendly
• Communicate and live Royal Credit Union's core purpose, values and organizational culture daily
• Event planning and coordination experience
• Social media, blog and/or press release writing experience