Security Manager (Security)
This is a working manager position where the Security Manager will be responsible for the safety and security of the Lenbrook cam-pus and oversee daily operations of other personnel doing the same. Duties include providing exceptional customer service in an upscale living environment, monitoring access control and surveillance systems, scheduling, running reports for quality improvement purposes, patrolling the campus on foot, and responding to emergencies.
Essential Functions of the Job
• Ability and availability to work all shifts.
• Be responsible for associate evaluations, progress reports , and disciplinary actions of direct reports
• Be able to schedule Security staff to cover shifts on a weekly basis
• Maintain knowledge of Lenbrook emergency procedures and be able to serve as Emergency Response Leader
• Audit and update wireless nurse-call database with campus-wide admissions and discharges.
• Audit and update access control database for resident and family admissions/discharges/changes.
• Audit Access Control database and update permissions for move ins, move outs, and OPP apartment-specific access
• Assist with orientation of new residents to the community's emergency response plan and issue Personal Help Buttons.
• Coordinate with the Front Office Manager to ensure front desk coverage in emergencies
• Obtain extensive knowledge about Lenbrook operations to answer questions competently
• Provide exceptional customer service to all personality types and be able to coach same
• Prepare written reports regarding incidents of theft, injury, property damage or other incidents relating to infraction
• of law, company policy, or breach of security, and oversee other staff doing the same.
• Greet and assist visitors and residents in a friendly, professional, and helpful manner
• Conduct briefings with staff to inform Security Officers about pertinent events of the day and review log entries
• Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Assist with interviewing/hiring new Security Officers
• Assist with orientation, training, and development of new staff.
• Provide input in periodic focus groups to discuss department motivation/morale program, staff development program, Security Policy/Procedure
• Patrol premises to ensure they are secure; may need to navigate ladders, ramps and stairs, as well as run on occasion
• Enforce policies, rules, and regulations that govern Lenbrook.
• Ensures uniform policy and cleanliness standards are observed by direct reports.
• Prepare written reports regarding incidents of theft, injury, property damage or other incidents relating to infraction of law or company policy
• Complete investigation of incident reports per company policy in the absence of the Director of Security or the request of superiors
• Serve on Emergency Operations Plan Command Team as assigned, leading the team in the absence of a superior.
• Complies with the service standards known as The Lenbrook Way and role-models these standards to staff.
• Perform light maintenance duties upon request.
• Carry out other duties as assigned by superiors.
Education and Experience Required
• Associate's Degree plus 4 years of management experience, or a combination of education/experience to equal 6 years.
• CPR/AED certification – currently have or be willing to obtain.
• Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office.
• Experience in upscale service-oriented position, preferably with seniors.
Skills and Aptitude Required
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office with ability to learn new programs.
• Maintain positive attitude and professional demeanor under pressure and with numerous interruptions.
• Exceptional customer service to all personality types.
• Professional telephone etiquette.
• Excellent decision making, critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
• Exceptional attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
• Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment