United Natural Foods Inc
Sr. Business Development Manager - WSF (Southern Region) (Sales)
Primary responsibility of this position is to create and ensure execution the strategy for the Northeast Regional territory (Supermarket, Independent, Foodservice, and Manufacturers) to identify new business opportunities, new program in the bulk and private branded packaged snack category. Develop strong working relationships with key existing accounts and be responsible to disseminate their work, direct activities and monitor progress, working closely with the VP of Sales & Marketing to achieve established goals.
• Create strategy to identify new sales opportunities with new and existing UNFI customers.
• Provide direction to team to execute sales strategy while working with the regional sales managers.
• Responsible for delivering on Business Development Department financial goals.
• Present to and consult with sales team on business trends with a view on developing new products, services and distribution channels
• Work with purchasing to assist with brand rationalization
• Work with Category Management teams to develop strong working relationships in all departments of the retail accounts.
• Collaborate with sales management to develop new products/channel opportunities.
• Performs other job duties as required.
▪ Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, or a related field
▪ 4-10 years related experience required
▪ Food Industry Experience
▪ System Implementation Preferred
▪ Proficient in Microsoft Office
▪ Strong oral and written communication skills
▪ Strong presentation skills
▪ Data analysis and forecasting skills
▪ Ability to travel to accounts, meetings and shows
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.