B&G Foods, Inc.
Production Line Worker 1 (Government)
Ready to be part of something special?
Join our Family!
The objective of this position contains several duties throughout the packing facility, Stacking, lifting, dumping raw materials, picking up raw materials from the floor, cleaning, working in wet areas for a long period of time, packing, and/or sorting. Tasks and duties include loading product, monitoring and manipulating materials at various stages of processing; filling various sized containers; and preparing product for shipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Separate and stack packed boxes
• Setup and prepare pallets to stack packed boxes on
• Lift raw materials, finished products, and packed items, manually or using pallet jack.
• Observe equipment operations so that malfunctions can be detected; notify supervisors or operators of any malfunctions or safety concerns.
• Examine products to verify conformance to quality standards.
• Immediately notify supervisor of any process deviations from specification or any contamination of product.
• Maintain a clean work area, free of safety hazards
• Picking up raw materials, finish product from the floor
• Dumping raw materials
• Ability to communicate and work well with others
• Perform repetitive functions paying attention to detail
• Ability to work with and around water for a long period of time
• Perform all assigned duties in a proper and timely manner
• Cooperate with supervisors and managers and ensure compliance with all Company policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
• Ability to follow and obey management instruction
• Any other duties assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
• Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
• Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
• Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Service Orientation — Actively looking for ways to help people.
• Time Management — Managing one's own time and the time of others.
• Performing General Physical Activities — Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
• Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships — Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
• Fast paced setting warehouse environment.
• Work area is inside in 32 degree cold temperature rooms. Area is well ventilated with constant noise, well lit; include forklifts, wet/damp environment, wet floors, and moving belts. Attention to keeping foreign objects off belts is required safety factors
• Hazards encountered include lifting packed boxes, roller belt (chain), cold temperature, forklift traffic.
• Smoke-free work environment.
• Job require working outdoors, exposed to all weather conditions.
• Willing and able to work long hours and be available nights and/or weekends as required by the business needs.
• Working exposed to contaminants (such as pollutants, gases, dust or odors).
• This job requires working in constant cold temperature (below 32 degrees)
• Standing/walking, crouching, stooping, twisting, balancing, leg/foot use, reaching, overhead extension, handling, pushing/pulling.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT REQUIRED:
• Gloves; Aprons; Hair restraints; pallets; totes; volume filler, Sorting tables; Conveyor belts; bin dumper; tote dumper; bins; strap gun; strap; clips