Reser's Fine Foods
Technician 1- Quality Assurance - 3rd Shift (Biotech)
General Summary: Monitors key process control points during production operations. Documents and reports any food safety or quality issues so that corrective actions can be taken.
Benefits and Culture
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package designed to help employees live a healthier life, build rewarding careers and save for the future. Reser's offers choices whenever possible, because we recognize the diverse and ever changing needs of our employees. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, AD&D, life, 401(k) with discretionary match, wellness programs, paid holidays and vacation time to name few!
We strive to be your Employer of Choice. As one of our five cornerstones, this means that we go all-out to create an environment where people choose a lasting career because Reser's care about their personal development & safety, and delivers a rewarding work experience.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Calibrates production scales according to the facility's Calibration Program.
2. Performs process monitoring and verification checks on Dressings, Work-In-Process and finished products according to the facility's Food Safety Plan and Quality Plan.
3. Verifies the facility's environment such as temperature throughout the production facility, sanitizer concentrations and others as assigned.
4. Observes employee practices, documents and coaches good manufacturing practices.
5. Performs filling and packaging verification checks according to the facility's Food Safety Plan and Quality Plan.
6. Collects samples of in-process intermediates for testing.
7. Completes Hold Tags and Cooling Tags, if appropriate, to isolate non-conforming ingredients or products.
8. Participates in daily product review of key sensory attributes of finished products.
9. Attends monthly Safety / Food Safety trainings and other training as assigned.
1. High school diploma or 1+ years' work experience is required.
2. Ability to read, write and speak in English is required.
3. Regular attendance and punctuality are required.
1. Food processing, warehouse and food laboratory environment.
2. The environment may be wet or dry and temperatures may range from 25°F to 110°F.
3. Exposure to hazardous materials.
4. Ability to climb ladders, bend, reach and occasionally lift of up to 40 lbs. may be required.
5. Production demands may require overtime and/or evening or weekend scheduling.
Recipe for Success
Reser's is the leading provider of fresh refrigerated deli salads, side dishes, and prepared foods for the supermarket, club store, and food service industries. Family owned and operated, Reser's has been a proud sponsor of good times at racetracks, picnics, BBQs, music festivals, and affordable family meals since 1950. Reser's family of brands include Reser's American Classics, Main St Bistro, Stonemill Kitchens, and more. With more than 4,500 employees, Reser's operates 14 facilities in the US, Mexico, and Canada and actively supports the communities it serves.Food Safety, Quality & Regulatory