Equipment Operator (Construction)
Arcosa Specialty Materials is searching for an Equipment Operator – Packaging Operator for our Mooreland, OK plant. In this role you will support a positive safety culture within a 24/7 aggregate environment that is regulated by MSHA safety standards. As an Equipment Operator – Packaging Operator, you will operate a semi-automated bagging line to produce a finished product and store in the warehouse.
Arcosa Specialty Materials is a leading producer and distributor in the Western and Southwestern U.S. of lightweight and natural, aggregates, including expanded shale and clay, crushed stone, sand and gravel, asphalt rock, and other products.
What You'll Do:
• Comply with all industry safety rules, procedures and applicable government regulations
• Responsible for the efficient and safe use of all packaging equipment
• Operates supersack stations to load bulk bags; hang super sacks; places pallets on super sack stations and loads packed products onto pallets; marks or stamps proper information on bag or supersack
• Performs quality checks; inspects loaded bags and super sacks for defects; addresses product or packaging that does not meet specifications without slowing down line or disrupting production.
• Transfers super sacks to proper storage areas.
• Notifies supervisors of problems that disrupts production as soon as possible.
• Continually monitors equipment and product moving through bagging line to ensure quality.
• Follows all warehouse policies and procedures; wears the proper safety equipment.
• Sweeps, dusts and mops; Maintains work area in a clean and orderly fashion.
• Follows all safety culture and participates in the continuous improvement of safety as a whole company, not a single site.
What You'll Need:
• Prompt, regular and predictable attendance
• The ability to stand, stoop, bend, lift, walk, climb stairs, ladders and catwalks up to 60 feet as required and lift weights up to 60 pounds.
• The ability to work in a varied outdoor environment (cold, hot, dry, dusty, rainy)
• Technical skills, with a demonstrated aptitude to acquire greater skills.
• Strong work ethic and emphasis on attention to detail.
• Ability to work in a very fast paced warehouse environment.
• Actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as manuals and labels. Ability to and fill out all paperwork associated with job.
• Works independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Previous manufacturing and/or warehousing experience preferred
• Forklift experience not required, but preferred