Sales Administrator (Administrative)
Reporting to the Sales Manager, the Sales Administrator position is responsible for sales administration, which includes inside sales and telemarketing activities in order to increase revenue through sales.
The Sales Administrator position will provide administrative support to sales representatives to ensure coordination of sales functions with quotes, project tracking, invoicing, and customer support. In addition, this position will maintain and update the SForce CRM with inbound leads and status changes, as well as creating lists of leads. The Sales Administrator performs his/her work in the office via computer.
This position has the responsibility of reception duties for the Company and responding to incoming customer/prospect inquires via chat on Company Website. An integral part of a successful outcome is collaborating with all departments for an end goal of customer satisfaction resulting in company success.
The Sales Administrator is also responsible for reporting and escalating any customer related sales issues to the Sales Manager. Typically reports to the Sales Manager, but may be given direction from the Marketing Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below, but not limited to, are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Sales Admin duties:
• Help with RFP responses for strategic accounts.
• Work closely with Sales Manager and sales team to get inputs and directions for developing marketing campaigns and provide them support when needed.
• Support salesforce in training and data analytics.
• Assist with development of presentation materials for sales presentations and other related trainings when needed.
• Maintain and create sales data for the sales prospecting cycle, which includes updating the SForce CRM daily and or weekly with inbound leads and status changes, as well as creating lists of Leads from resources such as Data Axle, Zoom, SForce and internet searches.
• Assigned special projects that assist the sales process.
• Searching on marketing databases, such as Zoom, iSell and utilizing current directories and Google searches to obtain list of companies for sales reps to contact.
• Input data information into Excel for manager review.
• Interact with customers via telephone, fax and email to ensure complete customer satisfaction in all matters related to the operation.
• Must be punctual at all times. If an emergency arises, inform the Manager immediately, so that appropriate coverage can be arranged.
Training and Development:
• Become proficient on the company's chosen Contact Management Software (CMS), and then utilize the software program daily to manage the sales process and efficiently generate new business (current CMS is salesforce.com).
• Reviewing new software for sales, obtain quotes and creating training.
• Promote Corodata's Mission and Vision Statements.
• Continuously promotes compliance with company policies and procedures.
• Must follow all confidentiality and chain of custody rules for all client data and items.
• Other duties may be assigned, as needed or warranted, by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• ORGANIZATION SKILLS - Organization skills with ability to juggle multiple assignments and tasks.
• LANGUAGE SKILLS - Ability to read and interpret documents written in English such as procedures, work instructions, and timesheets. Must efficiently communicate with customer and coworkers.
• MATHEMATICAL SKILLS - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• REASONING ABILITY - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• PREFERRED EXPERIENCE:
a. Exceptional problem solving and communication abilities.
b. Strong customer service skills.
c. Very attentive to detail.
d. Possess prioritizing, time management and organizational skills.
e. Ability to work with SForce, Data Axle and Zoom,
f. Ability to demonstrate initiative and to work with minimum supervision.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
1. High School Diploma or GED required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. One – three (1-3) years of administrative experience, preferably in transportation, logistics or supply chain.
3. Understanding relevant software systems such as SalesForce, Data Axle and Zoom.
4. Strong business acumen.
5. Proficient in MS Office, including MS Excel and PowerPoint.
1. Bachelor's Degree or equivalent of education and experience preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individuals are required to be able to sit or stand for long periods as needed throughout the day.
1. Walking: May require walking primarily on a level surface, but may include walking on uneven or inclined surfaces for lengthy periods throughout the day, often up and down stairs.
2. Handling: Seizes, helps or works with hands.
3. Lifting: Proper lifting techniques required. May include lifting up to 30 pounds, and pushing or pulling up to 20 pounds occasionally throughout the day.
4. Reaching: Extends hands and arms in any direction, reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required.
5. Standing: Remains in standing position if required to perform various functions of the job.
6. Stooping: Bends body downward and forward by bending at knees or waist.
7. Vision: Reads paperwork and records on the computer.
8. Talking: Communications by phone, email, text and in person.
9. Sitting: May sit at desk. May sit for long periods of time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This list is not all inclusive.
1. Temp/Weather: Works in Office environment - for the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment.
2. Noise: Works in office environment with constant or intermittent noise.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
1. Hourly, full-time, non-exempt position.
2. Employees might be required to work late evenings or weekends depending on the business needs.
3. All Overtime must be approved by manager before working.
The Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)See job description