CNC Maintenance Technician (Engineering)
POSITION TITLE: CNC MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
POSITION SUMMARY/PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The CNC Maintenance Technician is responsible for the troubleshooting and execution of all the required activities related to the CNC and manual machining equipment in order to keep them operating at their optimal level of performance. The responsibilities include but they are not limited to: CNC Machine repairs, Manual Machining equipment repairs, regular machining equipment preventive maintenance, regular machining equipment adjustment and calibration, and faulty machining equipment diagnostic.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Identify faulty equipment, and request parts and equipment to complete repairs.
2. Repair of machining equipment from basic hydraulic equipment to complex CNC machinery, performing both electrical and mechanical work.
3. Repairing critical equipment, performing preventive and predictive maintenance, and completing projects such as mechanical and electrical hardware and software upgrades.
4. Communicating accurately, concisely, and professionally with your customer as to important repair steps taken, parts ordered, and time estimated until completion.
5. Assist in implementing & maintaining a preventive maintenance program to keep machining equipment in optimum performance.
6. Perform regular backup of CNC programs, parameters, and offsets data.
7. Maintain shop equipment in optimal conditions.
8. Ensure the cleanness of the machine shop area.
9. Follows Cooper Vision's safety standards.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Associate degree in engineering or electronics or a degree in Tool and Die Maker.
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience in CNC machine tools.
• Experience in PLC and/or CNC, and test equipment repair procedures.
• The incumbent must have extensive experience in CNC machining processes, programming and CNC equipment troubleshooting, along with a working knowledge in computers.
• Experience with Electro-Discharge Machines (EDM's) and grinding equipment
• Able to express intelligently core hydraulic and electrical principles.
• Knowledgeable and capable in troubleshooting and working on Servo drives AC and DC, i.e. Fanuc, Mazak, Hardinge and Haas.
• Knowledgeable and capable in troubleshooting and working on CNC controls w/ hard-drives and flash memory, i.e. Fanuc, HAAS, Mazatrol.
• Knowledge in electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
• Capable of reading and understanding elementary electrical schematics and diagrams.
• Capable of reading and understanding elementary hydraulic schematics and diagrams.
• Capable of reading and understanding elementary pneumatic schematics and diagrams.
• Good interpersonal skills. Must be very clear when advising of job/priorities instructions.
• Knowledge of FDA current GMP/QSR regulation.
• Fully Bilingual (English/Spanish) oral and written.
• Able to execute responsibilities with minimum assistance and greater expertise.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Computer literate (Word, Excel, Power Point)
• Ability to read and use micrometer, caliper, profile projectors, edge finders, height gage, tool maker microscope, and others.
• Demonstrate ample domain of machine shop equipment to produce parts in specifications according to Cooper Vision procedures.
• Performs advanced troubleshooting on insert/machine shop area equipment.
• Willing to travel.