HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That's why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
We are open to candidates working in locations other than Stamford, CT as long as you are within driving distance to a Henkel Office or Manufacturing Facility in the US. You will be required to travel to Stamford, CT at least once a month.
The Sr. Manager is a leadership role on the North America Corporate Communications Team with responsibility for developing, implementing and managing annual strategic communication plans for Supply Chain and Operations across all three of Henkel's business units in North America, including Adhesive Technologies, Beauty Care, and Laundry and Home Care. This includes effectively engaging business supply chain leadership in the communication process and developing programs that advance the business success by effectively informing and engaging employees across 40+ operating plants, distribution centers and warehouses in the US and Canada. Role will be responsible for developing strong relationships with the Supply Chain and Operations leadership as well as site leaders and HRBPs across the region to develop and implement strategic communication programming. The role also will lead communication activities in support of change management across various projects within the Operations and Supply Chain organizations and be the Communications lead for Incident and Crisis Management Communication across Henkel's SC/Operations site portfolio.
- Serve as head of communication for Supply Chain and Operations across the US and Canada (40+ locations), including the Consumer businesses' supply chain operations as well as plants across Adhesives and warehouses/ distribution centers in the region
- Develop and execute annual and long-term strategic communication plans for the supply chain and operations organization, consistent with Corporate Communication global priorities -- Actively managing project and budget for the Communication programming
- Partner and influence on-site operations leadership and HR professionals in support of their ongoing site-specific communication as well as coordinate ongoing Henkel communication at their locations; advise site management team and provide communication support on initiatives being led and implemented by site
- Serve as local spokesperson for the site(s), anticipating media inquiries and advising on traditional and social media inquiries related to activities at the site(s)
- Conduct manufacturing site communication assessments, evaluating key channels and communication methods across all sites, gauge their effectiveness and reach, and make recommendations to improve efficiency and effectiveness of channels
- Regularly assess and prioritize which sites require the highest communication attention and programming and deploy a site communication strategy, including use of best practices and measurement systems, to enhance the effectiveness of communication at these sites
- Identify hot spots for issues management and potential barriers to license to operate
- Develop employee engagement programming and toolkits for manufacturing sites, and coach local leaders in effective deployment of leadership communication skills in the manufacturing setting, with focus on “non-wired” employees in both union and union free settings
- Provide strategic counsel and manage routine communication from the SC/operations leadership, including routine leadership/executive communication from the Heads of regional supply chain
- Manage the complexity of cross channel and multi-sourced communications relating to global, regional, BU, and local site led situations, issues, and events, for effective employee reach
- Serve as liaison for Global HQ, and Regional team in the deployment of global communication programming across manufacturing sites in the region, including Henkel Day and other company-wide events
- Manage ongoing updates to site fact sheets to ensure appropriate data and information is updated regularly for use by PR, PAG and key leaders in communicating with and for the site with internal and external stakeholders
Travel to a selection of manufacturing and warehouse facilities across the region up to 30% of the time, however must be able to complete work effectively whether at site or working remotely
- Source content to develop creative story-telling strategies that showcase manufacturing operations aligned with Henkel's Purposeful Growth strategy
- Where needed, partner with PAG to deploy grassroots community engagement strategies in support of issues management, license to operate, talent attraction and overall corporate reputation.
- Partner with head of external communication and/or VP of Communication in developing targeted media outreach strategies in key locations as well as response strategies related to site specific incidents; Lead crisis communications at the sites, developing and updating communication materials, and training plant leadership as appropriate.
- Serve as an integral part of the internal communication team in the region, effectively collaborating with colleagues in channel and editorial management, employee engagement, executive communication and change management.
- Bachelor's in communication or related discipline; MBA or Masters preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive and successful communication experience; experience in manufacturing setting and knowledge of best practices in “field communication” settings a must.
- Strong experience and understanding of best practices, standards and regulations impacting factory floor employees including lean manufacturing, safety, and quality.
- Prior global and/or cross functional experience with HR preferred.
- Comfortable in fast-paced, dynamic, collaborative environment, spanning different time zones, and resilient under pressure
- Proven experience in project management
- Strong analytical, negotiation, prioritization, and presentation skills; general business management knowledge.
- Self-starter and resourceful, solutions-orientated, creative thinker
- Proven ability to drive change, challenge the status-quo and deliver results within a global organization.
- Highly organized and demonstrated ability to multi-task effectively.
- Results driven and collaborative team player, willing to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel's request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.