Valassis Direct Mail, Inc
Logistics Technician 2 - 3rd Shift (Marketing)
BUILD your career with an organization that is a leader in intelligent media delivery, providing more than 58,000 clients with innovative media solutions to influence consumers wherever they plan, shop, buy and share.
LIVE your passion through a culture that actively supports community involvement and delivers hope to missing children and their families across the nation through its signature Have You Seen Me?® Program.
CREATE our future by integrating online and offline data combined with powerful insights, to precisely target our clients' most valuable shoppers, offering unparalleled reach and scale.
We are intelligent media delivery.
Valassis is a leader in intelligent media delivery, providing over 58,000 clients with innovative media solutions to influence consumers wherever they plan, shop, buy and share. By integrating online and offline data combined with powerful insights, Valassis precisely targets its clients' most valuable shoppers, offering unparalleled reach and scale. NCH Marketing Services, Inc. and Clipper Magazine are Valassis subsidiaries, and RetailMeNot Everyday® is its consumer brand. Its signature Have You Seen Me?® program delivers hope to missing children and their families. Valassis is a wholly owned subsidiary of Vericast.
Come flourish with Valassis Manufacturing!
• Responsible for efficient and timely staging, loading and shipping of prepared mailings to guarantee proper quality and compliance with Company policy and USPS requirements.
• Properly unload trucks of incoming material. Responsible for safe operations of powered industrial equipment at all times. Load trucks with finished goods; following trailer sheets and transportation manager's directions.
• Responsible for posting all raw materials in and out of the warehouse on the computerized tracking system.
• Additionally fulfills the duties of a Logistics Technician 1 as required.
• Forklift Operations: Performs shipping scheduling and manages daily work assignments to prioritize loads and ensure accuracy for shipment to USPS. Weighs, as required, and put in proper location all raw materials. Follows all company guidelines. Unloads trucks with raw materials in a timely and cost effective manner. Coordinates the daily work routine of shipping operations, to include procedure compliance, and material handling priorities. Performs job functions utilizing company equipment, in a safe and efficient manner. Ensures all deliveries are made in accordance with contract terms. Provides accurate route delivery information and any independent contract carrier issues. 60%
• Organizational: Works closely with machine leads and site supervision, to manage raw materials to insure continuous production of finished products. Utilizes the Oracle Transportation system to properly generate required shipping and postal documentation. Implements and maintains all components of the Postage Payment Elective agreement (PPE) to comply with Postal regulations in the shipping of standard mail. Provides material handlers with PIC list identifying location of stored client material and available locations for storage. Monitors the orderliness of the warehouse raw material storage areas and takes action as needed to maintain proper organization. Assists in the location of excess material identified by the Client Services Department. Ensures disposition of copy when the Client Services department receives the information entered. Notifies appropriate personnel if there are major variances of client copy. 25%
• Administrative: Enters receiving information into computer systems and prepare reports. Performs good housekeeping techniques at the job site areas, properly handling paper waste and debris, and the removal of all potential safety hazards from the general area. Performs complete physical inventories of material as required by procedures and prepare reports. Develops good rapport with postal personnel assigned to the facility. Provides orientation to new employees, to include safety practices training. Monitors the quality of technician reports, to include piece weights and weight verification calculations. Investigates any issues detected in these reports or other receiving documents. Responds to inquiries from other departments regarding the receipt of information on a priority basis. 15%
• Ability to use Oracle Transportation system properly.
• Knowledge of USPS shipping requirements and company transportation, production & receiving procedures.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to speak and communicate effectively utilizing the English language preferred.
• Advanced computer software experience.
COMMUNICATION AND CONTACTS
Communicate with other production team members.
• High School Diploma or GED (Required)
• Associate's Degree (Preferred)
• 1- 3 years related experience required.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSURES
• Required Certifications/Licensures: (• Powered Industrial Truck Certification)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING CONDITIONS
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms; climb (steps or ladders up to 25 ft.) or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to chemicals that require special handling and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
All team members are responsible for demonstrating the company's Core Values at all times and for using Performance Excellence principles to continuously improve effectiveness, efficiency, products, and services. This includes, but is not limited to, participating on improvement teams, recommending and implementing improvement ideas, and participating in training and other activities to keep up to date on processes, information, etc.
All team members are responsible for supporting and complying with internal and external audits, to include providing information, performing assigned tasks to ensure compliance, and preparing and maintaining evidence that key duties identified as internal controls have been performed.
All team members are responsible for supporting and complying with safety and security policies to promote a healthy working environment.
Vericast is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants who have disabilities may request that accommodations be made in order to complete the selection process by contacting our Recruiting Administrator directly at 616-541-3145.