Production Worker - Garment Assembler (Manufacturing)
We are Alsco Uniforms. We've been working hard for our customers since 1889 when we invented the uniform and linen rental industry. Alsco Uniforms has grown into a worldwide leader serving over 350,000 customers in 13 countries. It's our job every day to make every aspect of the customer experience better. Whatever our customers need, Alsco Uniforms finds the answers that work for them.
Our employees are the heart and soul of Alsco Uniforms. As a result, we have a long history of strong financial performance, continuous improvement, and customer service. We're seeking driven professionals with ambition to grow within our company. We'd love to talk to you about how you can fit into our team of diverse individuals and how your hard work will be rewarded with competitive pay and benefits and ongoing career development.
Join our team and build your career with Alsco Uniforms!
The Garment Assembler prepares all clean garments for route delivery by identifying, inspecting, sorting, bundling and loading them according to route and customer. This position is sometimes referred to as Garment Tie Out or 10 Sort Feeder. Performs other tasks as required.
Our full-time employees enjoy:
401K Plan with Company Match
Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA/HSA
Life Insurance, Disability Insurance
Vacation, Sick Time, Holidays
Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Learning & Development Opportunities
Inclusive and Diverse Team Environment
- Retrieve finished, clean garments from rail storage system or steam tunnel rail.
- Inspect for quality and re-route garments for mending if needed.
- Read garment labels, sort garments and place onto stationary sort rails according to route, customer and individual user. Follow written packing instructions.
- Work at a rate to keep up with the flow of garments and delivery date requirements.
- Transfer garments to final assembly rails or carts/bins for loading into delivery vehicles or to designated areas.
- Identify and notify supervision of shortages or routing problems.
- Hand fold or wrap other garments and load according to written packing instructions.
- Continuously meet efficiency and safety standards for the position.
- Follow instructions as directed by supervision.
- Keep work area neat and clean.
- Perform other tasks as required.
- Use computer interface to investigate and resolve RFID assignment
- Perform other production tasks as needed.
- Recognize colors and sizes, count and load accurately.
- Recognize, inspect and grade product.Pay attention to detail and maintain quality standards.
- Comprehend labels and follow written packing instructions.
- Comprehend and follow written and verbal direction.
Typical Physical Activity:
- Physical Demands consist of standing, walking rapidly, seeing, hearing, reaching overhead, pushing, pulling, grasping, twisting, lifting up to 30 lbs. and stooping.
- Physical Requirements consist of being able to meet the physical demands for the entire shift.
Typical Environmental Conditions:
- Production areas of a typical industrial laundry facility, which includes working with and around large machinery, variations in temperature, odors, humidity, lint and dust.
Eligible candidates must be vaccinated against COVID.
For a general description of benefits that are being offered for this position, please visit .
Alsco is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c) Production