Senior Project Manager/Estimator (Personal Services)
McIntosh Construction, an Arcosa Company, is seeking a motivated, punctual, and safety-focused Senior Project Manager/Estimator for our Asphalt Construction operation in Clarksville, TN. The successful candidate for this job will have previous experience in identifying, developing, and negotiating key client relationships as well as have an uncompromising focus on safety excellence.
McIntosh Construction was founded in 1966 as a grading and utility contractor that evolved into an asphalt paving and curb/gutter for all types of commercial, municipal and DOT projects.
What you will do:
· Review, establish, and maintain a high level of safety commitment and requirements for each project.
· Support input and management into project management software.
· Assist in management of the safety program.
· Participate in budget preparation.
· Pursue, establish, and maintain positive relationships with public and private market contacts based on our strategic objectives.
· Able to perform accurate project revenue and cost financial forecasting.
· Communicate with the customer representatives, ensuring they are apprised of the current activities.
· Interact with Operations Teams, ensuring proper reviews and processes are strictly adhered to and work is being accomplished in an efficient manner.
· Create long and short term plans including milestones for individual projects.
· Ability to track and ensure projects are completed by required deadlines.
· Make effective decisions when presented with multiple options for how to progress with a project.
· Coordinate activities among various teams that are assigned to a project.
· Adjust and coordinate schedule changes on the project.
What you will need:
· Prompt, regular, and predictable attendance.
· BS degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or related field or equivalent work experience in heavy civil construction.
· Minimum of five years, ten years preferred, of Asphalt Paving Estimating/Asphalt Paving experience, either private or public environments with blueprint reading experience.
· Proficient with MS Office applications and strong interpersonal skills.
· Ability to abide by McIntosh's Code of Conduct daily and be a team player.
· Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen, physical, and background check.
Company benefits include
· Group insurance options plus Health Savings Account with annual company contribution.
· Company paid life insurance, disability insurance, and more.
· Retirement 401(k) with company contribution and match.
· Paid vacation, sick leave, and 11 paid holidays.
· Annual performance-based merit increases.
· Pre-employment drug screening.
· Background check.