Mold Maker (Manufacturing)
Mold Technician helps to support manufacturing of plastic injection molding. Individual determines the plan to process, fabricate, purchase standard components, finish fit, shut off, and assemble precision injection molds that meet all customer expectations and are at or under established cost targets.
- Insures that Actual Machine & Labor hours are at or below Build Plan quote.
- Inspects all shut-off areas and critical dimensions from their work, and documents readings per ISO standards.
- Utilizes CAD/CAM data to efficiently process details and sequences throughout shop.
- Sets up and operates machines (i.e., CNC Mills, Surface Grinders, and EDM's).
- Assembles and finish fits all shutoffs using appropriate tools with direction from lead mold maker.
- Provides guidance and instructions to apprentices as needed.
- Provides follow-up for off shift mold makers and specialized machine operators so that the project can be worked on throughout off hours.
- Keeps work areas clean, maintained, and practices 5-S mentality.
- Responsible for completing purchase requisitions for specific cutters, materials, and maintenance items needed to perform job function.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work, duties and responsibilities expected of the incumbent. The incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required. The job description may be changed if needed as determined by the Company.
- Must have a minimum of four (4) years of Mold Building experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend blueprints, tool drawings, and fully utilize Master Cam software is required.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal required.
- Ability to work independently or on a team is required. - Flexibility with work schedules is required.
- Experience with Makino and Haas CNC's are preferred.
Education and Job Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. preferred Successful completion of trade school and/or apprenticeship program